Friday, January 22, 2010

Hello World!

My name is Aysa, and I am Oren's mother. I am twenty-five, and Oren is eleven months as of today -- as of 1:09pm today, to be exact. A few days before Oren was born, he suffered an ischemic stroke over most of the left portion of his brain. We weren't aware of this until he was born and started having lapses in his breathing and heartbeat.

For the most part, pregnancy was a breeze. Labor was equally easy! We arrived at the hospital at about 5 am, by about 1:05 pm I was told I should start pushing because the baby's heartbeat was dipping from the stress of labor, and just four minutes later Oren arrived! He found this bright, dry, noisy world to be in very poor taste, and spent his first hour of life testing out his lungs in protest, and contently blowing spit bubbles.

Since Oren is currently looking quite irritated, I will have to post this and return to it when he isn't objecting to my laptop use.. luckily I have a pre-typed birth story saved somewhere on this laptop. I shall return when my Tiny Overlord allows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment